Sunday, November 16, 2008

Jungle Queen - The Final Finale

Well, after many months of working on it just a little bit at a time... here it is.


The figures are held to the base with a combination of putty and super glue. Then I painted the white putty brown, getting it as close as I could to the color of the base. So far it seems to be held there very firmly.

And, just to make it easy to compare the finished product with the original... here's what they looked like after I primed them:



All in all I'm very pleased with it. I had originally planned to decorate the base with shrubbery and whatnot, but I kind of like the minimalist feel of it. Now I can put it on the mantle with the others and feel good about finishing it.

Next up is a more ambitious project. It will be another two figure diorama, but this time it will be two separate figures that weren't packaged together.

Yesterday I put an order for a dragon called Deathsleet and a vampire knight from their 54mm master series named Monique DeNoir. Here are their pictures from the online catalog:


Well, she's supposed to be a vampire, that is. I haven't decided if I'll paint her that way. I've already picked up and stained a large wooden base to mount them on. I plan to mount them together in one diorama that I guess I'll call "Monique and the Dragon".

My lovely bride going away all next weekend with the kids and I'll have the house to myself. So, I ordered these minis and a new video game and I plan to rent a bunch of movies and pretend that, at least from Friday afternoon until Sunday, I have no responsibilities in the world except to enjoy my hobbies. I just hope the minis and the new game come in the mail in time!

No comments: