Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Queen's Lion

I had a burst of energy yesterday and finished the cat that accompanies the Jungle Queen. I had originally planned it to be a leopard but without intending to I ended up creating a mountain lion. Or maybe a lioness. I was a bit intimidated by all those spots anyway.

Here it is:


Now I have to coat them with a matte finish and then design the little base they'll be standing on together. I may actually be finished with it by later this evening.

I'm kind of proud of it, but I do have to honest. When I see a completed work like this one, I have to admit that I don't really know what the heck I'm doing. I'm stunned by the level of detail and the ability to shade and highlight that some painters have.

But still, I may not have enough skill to really feel like an artist, but it is very pleasant to spend so much time working on a mini and then have that sense of accomplishment when I'm done.

No comments: