Saturday, November 22, 2008

Monique and the Dragon - Step 2

This afternoon I primed Monique and the Dragon. Here are the latest pictures:



I've never primed in black before. It is supposed to make the colors a bit duller with built in shadows. White primer tends to make colors brighter, or so they say. I thought I'd experiment with the black on the dragon. Besides, my can of white primer was almost empty and I didn't have enough for the both of them. I'm curious to see if it really does make a difference.

I've already had my first mishap, though. I've learned that I can't go tipping the dragon willy nilly around on its base. It fell off a few minutes ago and clanged down onto the table. It does weigh over a pound, after all. I'm just glad nothing broke. Those wings are solid metal, but they just seem fragile.

No comments: