Thursday, November 20, 2008

Monique and the Dragon - Step 1

I got my new minis in the mail yesterday and spend some time assembling them for painting. Here's some pix of pre and post assembly.



I'm going to hold off on gluing Monique's left arm and shield and also the scabbard until after painting. If I put them on now they would prevent me from getting at some hard to reach places.

The base that the dragon is sitting on will be the final base that I mount both of the figures on.

The next step is to prime them and then mount them temporarily on a wooden block using putty so that I can pick them up easily and pivot them around in a dozen different directions without having to touch the figures themselves.

I also have to decide on a color scheme. At the moment I'm thinking of painting the dragon red with a cream colored underbelly. The wings might also be red, but I'm considering painting them and the top row of spines on his back black with gray highlighting. I'm imagining Monique with blue and black armor and blond hair.

No comments: